Aeroflex: The Government’s Choice in Attenuating Circumstances
Based in Plain-view, New York, Aeroflex is a global manufacturer of radio frequency (RF) and microwave integrated circuits for the telecommunications, avionics, military, and medical markets. Founded in 1937, Aeroflex employs a team of 2700 workers across 16 facilities, 650 of whom are engineers dedicated to research and development. In May 2014, Aeroflex was acquired by British firm Cobham plc for US$11.46 billion. For the fiscal year 2013, Aeroflex operated with a backlog worth US$259 million. Roughly 28% of Aeroflex’s sales come from federal agencies.
Under the Aeroflex/Weinschel name, Aeroflex offers the following interconnect solutions:
- Fixed Attenuators: Handles up to 50 GHz f frequency and 1000 W of power.
- Programmable Attenuators: Comes in single and multi-channel arrangements.
- Digital Attenuators: Can be controlled by USB or TTL interfaces.
- Manual Step Attenuators: Works over large attenuation ranges.
- Continuously Variable Attenuators: Works without interrupting the circuit.
- Switch Units: Provides bus control of programmable step attenuators.
- Mechanical Phase Shifters: Ideal for hard-to-reach connections in condensed settings.
- DC Blocks: Permits RF power to flow without interruption.
- Terminations & Loads: Processes up to 1000 W of power.
- Power Splitters & Dividers: Ideal for RF and wireless connections.
- Coaxial Adapters: High repeatability and precision.
- Planar Crown Connectors: Provides multiple connector options and quick replacement of damaged connections.
- Planar Blindmate Connectors: Engineered to endure harsh environments for a long operational life.
Aeroflex supplies the following major US defense contractors with its interconnect solutions:
- General Dynamics
- Honeywell International
- Lockheed Martin
- Northrup Grumman
- United Technologies
Aeroflex performs the following work for the federal government:
- In 2013, the Marine Corps Systems Command awarded Aeroflex a US$15.2 million increase to an existing US$56.6 million contract to sustain the Ground Radio Maintenance Automatic Test Systems (GRMATS). Based on the Aeroflex 7200 platform, GRMATS is a digital, software-defined automatic radio test system used for diagnostic purposes.
- In 2012, the Naval Surface Warfare Center procured US$11.5 million worth of arbitrary waveform generators (AWG) and other electronic components from Aeroflex to support the US Navy’s expeditionary electronic warfare systems.
ASAP Semiconductor is a leading distributor of all types of connectors, heat sinks, cable applications, and various components used in aerospace industry. Through our proprietary website JustConnectors.com, get all Aeroflex Corporation connector parts and components for use in various applications that will suit your needs. Please contact us today at email@example.com if you have a demand for any of these connector parts or call us toll free at (714) 705 4780 and one of our knowledgeable sales person will assist you.