DesignCon 2018 - Molex Showcased Its Fast-Speed Data Connectivity
Molex showcased its high-speed data connectivity solutions at DesignCon 2018 at booth 633. In response to the increase of generating data and infrastructure moving to the cloud, next-generation I/O and cabling solutions support faster processing, more bandwidth, increased density, and thermal management, while maximizing data flow efficiency and reliability in today’s data centers, according to Jairo Guerrero, the general manager at Molex.Molex demos included:
- Impulse Orthogonal Direct Backplane Connector System, which eliminates the need to build and install midplane connections. Designed for high-density data centers, the Impulse backplane system supports data rates of 56 and 112 Gbps PAM-4 with superior signal integrity.
- The Quad Small Form Factor Pluggable Double Density (QSFP-DD) System, for high-density, high-speed networking. The eight-lane electrical interface operates up to 25 Gbps NRZ modulation or 56 Gbps PAM-4, with the feasibility of 112 Gbps PAM-4.
- Mirror Mezz Connectors, highlighting flexibility with stackable mating to support data speeds up to 56 Gbps NRZ and 112 Gbps PAM-4 per differential pair. These hermaphroditic connectors are highly compact and designed to provide ease of PCB routing in any direction out of the connector interface.
- NearStack High-Speed Connector System and Cable Jumper Assemblies, which use Twinax cables to deliver a PCB alternative with superior signal integrity and low insertion loss while enabling implementation of 56 Gbps NRZ and a path to 112 Gbps PAM-4.
- Impel Plus Cabling System, showcasing its backbone functionality within the Open19 Project which defines a common form factor for servers, Tier0 switches, and power shelves with a base internal cage system that can be implemented into a standard 19” rack solution.
DesignCon is an engineering-focused conference that brings together 5,000 professionals from high-speed communication and semiconductor communities for three days in Santa Clara, showcasing new technologies for advanced packaging, printed circuit board fabrication, connectors, cables, and related analysis equipment. This January, DesignCon celebrated its 23rd anniversary.
Just Connectors has a dedicated and expansive array of Molex high-speed connector parts, making us the premier supplier of electronic parts.